A project I have been daydreaming about for a while now is to interview some of the very fascinating folks I have the pleasure of knowing in my life. The general idea is to come up with a unique set of questions that make you go hmmmmm, ooooh, ahhh, and other various onomatopoetics, and then proceed to spill your most interesting beans.
I thought it only fair that I should answer some of these questions myself first, acting as a guinea pig in my own experiment- peering into the oft overlooked bits of life that show one’s true personality and inner workings. Feel free to share any ideas or fun questions that could make welcome additions to this list! Some of these were mined & tweaked from various websites, & some mined from my own mind.
I will copy & paste the questionnaire below & would adore learning more about you, if you care to share in the comments. Share as much or as little as your squishy heart desires!
LET’S DIG IN SHALL WE…
Q&Adrienne (hey, that’s me!)
1) What were you like in high school?
I was externally quiet, but have always been busy busy busy inside the ol brain box. Mid to late high school is when I began discovering my true love of words, and the combinations that could be formed with them. I was an average to meh student that didn’t learn very well in a traditional school setting, but kept my head solidly above the water. I kept a safety bubble around myself at all times, though I’m still not entirely sure what I was attempting to stay safe from. I was not comfortable with myself, my personality, nor my looks (and I’m sure I was the ONLY HIGH SCHOOLER EVER to feel this way….). I was in band. I was not particularly good at it (I longingly admired the percussion section from my latter chair seating in the woodwinds. Le *sigh*) but I did love the community of it, and being involved in music in general. Subjects I liked: Art, English & literature, science, history, theatre. Subjects that did not like me: Math, gym, popularity.
2) What is something you believe?
I believe in the power of good. I believe there really is some sort of karma floating around, and I try to put out as much as I am able, without being worn to a nub.
3) Are you a creature of habit?
Um, YUP. As much as I like to fancy myself a spontaneous, free wheelin’ adventurous type, I have quite a list of internal rules and regulations that are firmly in place within my psyche. I require wind down time in my precious comfort zone, otherwise I turn into a gremlin.
4) What are the types of thoughts that roll around in your head when you should be sleeping?
5) When making an entrance into a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you always need a party wingman? Or do you just stay home in your jam jams? The world needs to know.
I THROW THE PARTIES. And also, sometimes I hide. And jammies. Any or all of them, really. Depending on my mood. Gosh you sure ask a lot of questions.
6) What animal would you least like to be trapped in a room with?
I’m going to have to go with any of the large mammals that could consume me. Lions and tigers and… whales?
7) What animal would you like to be in a room full of?
Puppies or pandas. Or panda puppies. Also owls, so long as they don’t try and swoop in and gouge my eyes. Owl puppies.
8) Do you consider yourself “high maintenance?” Elaborate.
Lol, NOPE. Well, not in the fashiony sense anyway. I did get a haircut once though.
9) If you had the budget for this- what is one thing you would rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
CLEAN. Although sometimes I love cleaning because it can be therapeutic. But mostly, I could totes live without it.
10) What are some qualities that draw you to someone new?
Humor, numero uno. Also wit, having similar interests, when people are open and honest. I always admire other’s knowledge & talents, especially when they are willing to share this with others (musicians, scholars, those with a particular honed trade, hobbyists & the like). I’m intrigued by other people’s stories and backgrounds. I stray away from the negative black hole types that can swallow you up into their void. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
11) FUN FACT about yourself:
I have recently become a board member of the Wisconsin Writers Association. How cool is that? Pretty soon they will discover how unqualified I am and revoke my badge (that they never gave me in the first place). Let’s keep this one between us, you guys.
12) If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
I would say probably my anxiety that likes to rear it’s lumpy head at inopportune moments with little to no rhyme or reason. I am steadily defeating this dragon though, so worry not, companion!
13) What is something that amazes you?
Life! So cliche, amiright? But seriously, the incomprehensibly random and preciousness of life. The more I live it, the more I appreciate it’s fleeting finiteness.
14) Name one of the goals on the tippy top of your life’s bucket list.
To open my beautiful, wonderful Common Ground that I have been working so tirelessly toward since I discovered that it is my life’s mission to bring a comfortable welcoming community space to whoever may find joy and solace within.
15) How have you accomplished or are working toward this goal?
LOT’S OF TIME, MEETINGS, HARD WORK AND RESEARCH YOU GUYS.
Which is finally PAYING OFF >>>
Following is the blank questionnaire with all of these hard hitting questions eagerly awaiting your response! This list will be tweaked and probably added to when it is not 11:27pm [and counting] & my brain isn’t beginning the update & restart process even though I keep clicking “LATER, LATER!” Forced restart, you guys. No turning back now.
1) What were you like in high school?
2) Are you a creature of habit?
3) What are the types of thoughts that roll around in your head when you should be sleeping?
4) When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you always need a party wingman? Or do you just stay home in your jam jams? The world needs to know.
5) What animal would you least like to be trapped in a room with?
6) What animal would you like to be in a room full of?
7) Do you consider yourself “high maintenance?” Elaborate.
8) If you had the budget for this- what is one thing you would rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
9) What are some qualities that draw you to someone new?
10) FUN FACT about yourself:
11) If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
12) What is something that amazes you?
13) Name one of the goals on the tippy top of your life’s bucket list.
14) How have you accomplished or are working toward that goal?
15) If you were a character in a Dickens novel, what would your name be? (this question added by author Matt Geiger when he took the Q&A)
16) What was your proudest moment? (this question added by author Nick Chiarkas, when he took the Q&A)
17) What was your most embarrassing moment? (also added by Nick Chiarkas- WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THIS?!?)
Feel free to copy & paste the questions, then post your answers in the comments! I would love to read them!
Now go forth, and ANSWER!
*Special thanks to THIS COOL ARTICLE from which I snagged and tweaked several questions and ideas for my questionnaire!